India witnesses a lot of religious occasions all around the year, starting with the New Year to durga puja and Christmas. One such festival which every Indian celebrates is Diwali. No matter whether it’s a family living in a small Indian village or a friend’s group living in the economic zone of a metropolitan city, Diwali is the same for everyone. It is known as the festival of lights since lamps, lanterns, earthen lamps, candles, and many such things are lit to ward off the darkness. Apart from the light source, there is another important thing which you will need to celebrate Diwali properly- desserts.
Without a sweet dish, the entire occasion feels empty. That’s why we are here to discuss the three most amazing Diwali dessert recipes with you. So, let’s get started with the discussion!
- 500 gms of paneer
- 1 tsp of black cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp of Nestlé everyday dairy whitener
- 1 tin of 400 gm Nestlé MILKMAID
- After mashing the paneer coarsely, you have to add the MILKMAID and the natural dairy whitener in the bowl.
- Transfer the mix into a pan and heat it on medium flame. Continue to stir the mixture till it thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove it from heat and spread the mixture on a flat tray covered with grease paper.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder on top and cut the cold, set mix into the kalakand.
- Malpua Recipe
- 200 gm of Nestlé MILKMAID
- 50 gm of white flour
- 2 pinch of baking powder
- 100 gm semolina
- 1 cup of clean water
- A block of paneer
- Refined oil for deep frying
- Take a mixing bowl and pour the MILKMAID, semolina, water, white flour, and the baking powder. Whisk the mixture until no lump is there and then leave it for fifteen minutes.
- After this, add the crumbled paneer to the mix and whisk it slowly to avoid the formation of lumps.
- In the meantime, heat the oil and once it reaches the temperature, start frying the malpua. Make sure to fry both sides golden brown.
- Remove the malpua and soak it in sugar syrup for about a minute.
- 400 gm of Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1 liter of Nestlé a+ nourish milk
- 50 gm of Almonds
- Quarter tsp of almond essence
- 50 gm of cashew nuts
- Blanching the almonds will help you remove the skin easily. Once done, you need to make a paste of the almond, the cashew nuts, and the milk with an average consistency.
- Pour the rest of the milk in the pan and bring it to boil. Add the MILKMAID and the paste of the nuts.
- Cook the mixture at medium flame with constant stirring for five to ten minutes.
- Remove it from heat and mix the almond essence. For garnishing, you can add the almond and cashew crumb or the shredded almonds on top.
From this article, you now know how to make kalakand or a badam kheer easily at your home with minimal ingredients. So, get started with gathering the items and cook the most delicious dessert for this coming Diwali season.